At Prysmian, our global workforce is valued for its knowledge, skills and expertise. Each of us is unique, but united by our drive to succeed. Working with shared values to achieve our goals together.
Together we made it happen so far, and together we can even in the next steps succeeding in writing new chapters of our history to achieve a brighter tomorrow for us, for our Group and for the Communities in which we operate.
Sustainability is in our DNA and is an integral part of our business across the Group’s entire organization. Diversity and Inclusion is a key part of our Sustainability commitments. Our goal and commitment is strengthen our inclusive culture worldwide where all our employees are supported professionally in order to grow and where there are no obstacles based on gender, age & generation, background & culture, race, ethnicity, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, religion, or disability.
Each stakeholder is unique through their differences and this unity bring us together through full engagement and focusing on development of all stakeholders (employees, customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders), where everyone can feel safe, heard, seen, respected, engaged, motivated and valued, for who they are and for their contributions toward organizational and social goals. Inclusion only happens when the diversity of an organization is fully leveraged.
Since 2016, Prysmian Group has therefore continuously expanded its activities in the area of Gender Balance and taken below actions:
- Official Launch of Side by Side, our Diversity & Inclusion Project at global level
- Creation of the Group Diversity Workstream
- Global Strategic Recruitment Programs and Official Gender Balance Targets
- Women Leadership Program
- D&I in our Engagement Survey
- Diversity Academy
- D&I as a main function in the Group
- Side by Side positioned not only on gender but also on age and culture
- Global Diversity Recruitment Policy
- Diversity as one of the Leadership Principles in the new Leadership Model
- Review of Potential Drivers in P4 to reduce gender bias
- Intranet/website dedicated page for Diversity & Inclusion
- Awareness Workshops
- Global Maternity Policy
- Official D&I Performance Indicators System
- Day Care projects in different sites
- Gender-Pay-Gap Analysis (in progress)
- Gender balance in internal promotions
- Global Anti-Harassment Policy
- D&I Digital Trainings
- Global Digital D&I Week
- Signing UN WEP
Prysmian Group continue enlarging its actions in work-life balance in order to open up new career opportunities, especially for women. The measures range from childcare and the return guarantee after parental leave to flexible working-time models and part-time work - also for managers.
In recent years, the Group has increased the proportion of women:
- in total workforce to 17%, with a new target of 17-19%
- in women recruitment of desk workers to 34%, with a new target of 40%
- in women in all management positions over 23,5 (as of Feb 2021), with a new target of 25-27%
by the end of 2022 through a set of KPI’s distributed to all Regions to guarantee professional equality.
To achieve these objectives, Prysmian Group is further committed to
- Focus on Gender Equality and Diversity in Recruitment.
- Empowering all women and girls in Exe Positions.
- Grow Race and Ethnicity Inclusion in Exe Positions.
- Provide better inclusion of all the workforce members through digital connection and innovative solutions to get all on board.
- Upskilling and reskilling through blended learning and development programs, such as Internal Job Posting, individual development plans, Leadership Programs, Women in Leadership Program, Job Rotations, flexibility, internal job across functions, global mobility, etc.
- Wellbeing of all employees, as well as working and remuneration conditions.
- Side by Side positions on different nationalities, race and ethnicities.
Valerio Battista, CEO Prysmian Group