Distribution of economic value to stakeholders
Prysmian's statement of economic value distributed is based on the presentation of the income statement adopted in the consolidated financial statements for the year ended 31 December 2018 (Prysmian Group for the full year plus General Cable for seven months). In 2018, the economic value generated by Prysmian amounted to €10,240 million, of which €130 million of profits distributed to the Group's shareholders and minority interests, representing value retained. A significant share of this value was redistributed in the form of:
- expenditures on Suppliers (81.8%) – including raw materials and other services;
- remuneration of Human Resources (12.2%);
- remuneration of Lenders (4.0%);
- remuneration of the Public Administration (0.7%);
- contributions to the Community of approximately €200 thousand (0.002%).